North Lake Dallas Community College
The Degree Plan for an Associates Degree at North Lake Dallas Community College. In two easy years, you could reach the necessary level of education to become a Registered Land Surveyor!
Semester 1 Course Course Title Credit Hours
- SRVY 1301 Introduction to Surveying 3
- SRVY 1309 Surveying Measurement 3
- SRVY 1315 Surveying Calculations 3
- MATH 1314 College Algebra 3
- ENGL 1301 Composition I 3 Semester Total 15 Semester 2 Course Course Title Credit Hours
- SPCH 1311 Introduction to Speech Communication OR 3
- SPCH 1315 Public Speaking OR (3)
- SPCH 1321 Business and Professional Communication (3)
- +Elective Social/Behavioral Science 3
- SRVY 1341 Land Surveying 3
- SRVY 1335 Land Surveying Applications 3
- DFTG 1309 Basic Computer-Aided Drafting 3 Semester Total 15 Semester 3 Course Course Title Credit Hours
- SRVY 1370 Remote Sensing and Photogrammetry 3
- SRVY 2343 Surveying-Legal Principles 1I 3
- SRVY 2305 Geographic Information Systems Applications 3
- SRVY 2331 Geodetic Surveying and Mapping 3
- SRVY 1342 Global Positioning System Techniques for Surveying and Mapping 3 Semester Total 15 Semester 4 Course Course Title Credit Hours
- SRVY 2344 Surveying-Legal Principles 2II 3
- SRVY 2339 Engineering Design Surveying 3
- SRVY 1391 Special Topics in Surveying 3
- SRVY 1380 Cooperative Education - Survey Technology/ Surveying 3
- ++Elective Humanities/Fine Arts 3 Semester Total 15 Minimum Hours Required 60
TEXAS SURVEYORS FOUNDATION, INC.(TSFI) offers a scholarship for those pursuing an education in Land Survey.
So there is no beating around the bush. The starting pay expectations for an entry level Instrument Man and an entry level CAD Technician is $16/HR in Texas. As well as, your generic benefits: Medical, Dental, 401, Bonuses, PTO, Sick leave. Once a Registered Professional Land Surveyor, one can expect $30/HR to $60/HR, generally depending on experience and responsibilities.
Information provided by: Texas Society of Professional Surveyors 2020 Compensation & Benefits Study Findings
However, the chances of working only 40 hours is low, in the field, not in the office, as there is often lots of overtime. Information provided by: Me, we work a lot and make a lot of money.